NEW! Senior Java Engineer – sports tech (full time or contract)
Today’s Plan is an Australian based technology company with extensive global reach, producing innovative online training tools for endurance athletes, their coaches and leading sporting brands. Some of the teams & brands we work with include; Team Sky, Trek Segafredo, Cycling Canada and thousands of coaches and athletes, ranging from beginner to pro.
We work with the world’s leading team’s, athletes, coaches, sports tech businesses and every day athletes to help them achieve their goals.
We have an exciting new role for an elite developer with experience in sports tech and the passion to help drive our company through our next phases of growth.
This is a great opportunity for the right individual in a high growth company.
The successful candidate will ideally be based in either Canberra or Sydney’s northern beaches. We will consider a remote location for the right candidate.
Salary and benefits package details available on application.
- Provide senior development and design to the Today’s Plan platform – including the core server technologies, desktop software products and Android mobile product set
- Work closely with our product designers, UI developers and server/API developers to design and deliver outstanding solutions to our clients and customers
- Work closely with our development partners, assisting in the design, specification and development of low level bluetooth interfaces and apis into hardware devices
- Participate in our DevOps environment – assisting with deployments and running systems
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Have 7+ years experience in design and implementation using Java
- Demonstrated experience using J2EE technologies
- Demonstrated experience using Java Swing or FX
- Demonstrated experience using Java to develop for Android
- Demonstrated experience with using Java for RESTful services, combined with XML or JSON
- Have 5+ years experience using Java with relational databases via JDBC or Hibernate
- Demonstrated experience with design or development for big, interactive data sets
- Experience with using Maven, Ant, and Git
- Demonstrated experience showcasing strong software design, and software development methodologies in Agile environments
- Superior problem solving, organisational, decision making, written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Experience with unit testing and automated deployment pipeline tools
- Demonstrated experience using low level serial or wireless communications protocols, such as RS232, Bluetooth Low Energy, Ant+ etc
- Experience with Bluetooth Low Energy highly desirable
- Experience with standard Fitness industry file formats highly desirable (fit, gpx, tcx, srm et al)
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP and HTTP protocols
- Experience using Amazon AWS services, including Lambda and SQS highly desirable
- Full Time or contract
- Sydney northern beaches, Canberra or a remote position will be considered for the right candidate with proven skills in working remotely
This role will start immediately for the right candidate so please apply by sending your details to email@example.com. Please include links to some of your most recent work. You must be an Australian Citizen or already possess a work visa.
No contact from recruitment agencies please.
Jobs at Today’s Plan
Always wanted to combine your love of cycling or multisport with your day job?
Are you a developer with experience in Angular JS, Java, Android, iOS development, or interactive data visualizations?
If so, Today’s Plan is looking for you.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team that is the disruptive leader in cycling analytics and training.
If joining our rapidly expanding team is of interest to you, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org